Friday, March 4, 2011

Don't stop for a moment

Remember a year ago (almost exactly!) when I said I love my Samsung Moment?


The love has died, folks. I'm not sure what has happened, but the piece of crap is basically a brick these days. It's slow as hell, even though I've taken off all but the most essential apps and widgets. It's been this way for a couple months now. I think the problem is that its outdated processor can't handle the updates of even the few widgets and apps I run. It didn't (and will never, thanks Sprint!) get an Android update past v1.6, and Android is up to, what, v2.3 now?

I'll get a phone call, push the answer button, and have to wait 10 or more seconds for the phone to actually stop ringing and answer. Sometimes it won't answer. Sometimes I won't get the call, even though I've got good signal.

Pandora crashes constantly. Weather channel app crashes frequently. Can't even play Angry Birds, the processor is too slow to handle the graphics.

I went through all the wickets with Sprint and they refused to give me an upgrade or replacement even though I've been a customer for a decade. Time to try a new carrier when my contract's up, or cheap enough to break.


Update11/4/11:
I talked to a customer service rep on an unrelated issue and bitched for a little while before she took pity on me and sent me a replacement Moment. It works *so* much better. I'm happy again!

Still upset with Sprint's treatment of us though. We were going to add a line this weekend to have a 'home' phone, but we decided we didn't want a 2 year contract since we were so unhappy with them at the moment (pardon the pun). So today I need to reactivate the ol' tracfone.

No comments:

Post a Comment