Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DirecTV are crooks

September 21, 2009

Ellen Filipiak
DirecTV
PO BOX 6550
Greenwood Village, CO 80155-6550

Dear Madam:

I am writing you for assistance waiving the fee for closing my DirecTV account.

In late April of this year, I contacted DirecTV customer service for clarification on published on the change of contract. I was told that if I did not accept the new terms of the agreement, DirecTV would cancel my contract, and that I was be subject to DirecTV’s early cancellation fee of $15.00. Several times I asked and confirmed that this was DirecTV canceling my policy, and that I was subject to only the $15 fee, not that I was requesting cancellation and subject to the early cancellation fee. I informed DirecTV at that time that I did not accept the terms and that I would accept the $15 fee. I returned the receiver/leased equipment promptly.

In May I received a bill for $210. I contacted customer service who informed me that the bill was an error on DirecTV's part. The service agent informed me that they had taken steps to correct the error and that I could ignore the bill.

In June I received I received another bill for $210. I contacted customer service who informed me that the bill was an error on DirecTV's part. The service agent informed me that they had taken steps to correct the error and that I could ignore the bill.

In July I was contacted by the collections department for $210. They said they could see nothing in the system that the bill had ever been corrected, and that the money was still owed. They referred me to another department within DirecTV, where I spoke with another gentleman who said he was capable of taking care of the problem. He eventually told me to ignore the bill and that the problem had been taken care of.

In August I received a bill for $210. I contacted customer service who said they could see no record of me ever contacting customer service, nor of it going to collections, but that they would escalate the problem and I should hear something within 3 days. The next day my credit card was billed for $210. I contacted my credit card to dispute the billing. No one from DirecTV ever contacted me about the escalation as the service representative said they would.

On Friday I received a bill for $210. I contacted customer service, who said they were unable to help me, and that my only recourse was to write the Office the President of DirecTV. Unable to believe this, they said my other option was to re-sign with DirecTV. However, I already have a satellite TV service and am not in need of another.

I'm writing you to ask for your assistance in closing this issue. I understand that you are a very large company with many layers of bureaucracy and I am unable to fight through them. Should you decline to assist in this matter, please let me know as soon as possible so that I may contact the arbitration service.

Sincerely,

blah blah.


No really, you're dicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment